Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rip off?

Microsoft released the "Game Room" today. At first glance it's pretty cool. You get your own "arcade" to decorate and tweak with things you earn from playing the old arcade/Atari 2600/Intellivison games they have loaded on Xbox Live. There are some oldies but goodies in there. You can challenge friends and junk. However, each game is 240 points. Now I am not sure how much of a bargain that is. We are talking about really old games, most Xbox users weren't even alive when they were released.

Basically this is reminiscent of the "Family Game Night" room they released before. That was a total rip off, 800 points per game is steep.

I'll have to debate what I want to buy or even if I want to buy any of the games. I have a friend that has loaded it and I'll get his opinion on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment