Friday, March 12, 2010

Dead Space

Well the 16 yr old beat Mass Effect 2 last night so maybe I'll get to play it now.

I did play some Dead Space late last night. It's an interesting game but I don't find the story as absorbing at all. This is turning out to be a basic "find the monsters, kill them, do your objective" game and it's really not all that. Yes, I know, it got great reviews but I honestly think it's a little over-hyped. Oh and it just isn't that scary.

I'll finish it because I am not finding it so terribly boring that I will walk away. I have done that in the past with other games. It is also much better looking on the PS3 than the Xbox 360. Sorry but I have seen both versions and that's just the way it is. As a friend pointed out to me, PS3 doesn't have to compress the graphics the way the Xbox 360 does. I can just hear the Xbox fanboys heads exploding from here.

Was that a scream for torches and pitchforks?

1 comment:

  1. No, we've strayed from the Xbox to the PS3 as of late because of the graphics, not to mention the fact that it's FREE to play online. :P

    ReplyDelete