Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Little Lego Batman 2 and Borderlands 2 DLC



I finally finished Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and I mean completely. I decided to do a little achievement hunting and managed to suss them all out.

This was the first of the Lego games to have voice acting. It was well done though I do think that Lego Lord of the Rings improved upon it. Granted, they were using sound bites from the actual LotR movies so that made the whole thing funnier. Serious movie acting mixed with legos can only equal fun.

But I digress, Lego Batman 2 is HUGE. It's really big. After I completed the story last year I didn't realize I had only completed about 25% of the game. It took a few days and several hours to get to 100% but it was worth it. I think that makes 15 or 16 games I have managed to complete 100% on Xbox 360. It took an untold number of hours to get it all done so this game will keep you busy for quite a good stretch. Impressive for a Lego game.

Oh if you plan on picking this game up, fly around as Superman. It's awesome to fly around Gotham listening to the Superman theme song.



The Borderlands 2 DLC was released yesterday, Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep. A friend of mine and I decided to play through the main story really quickly to get a feel for it before we tried it on a harder difficulty. I am of the opinion that you will definitely need friends to do it on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. The main story can be blown through in a couple of hours but that isn't bad considering it's DLC. I haven't done the side missions yet so I know I have a couple more hours to invest in it.

Anyway, it was awesome and I am not just saying that because I used to play D&D way back when. The whole DLC was based on a D&D-esque game called Bunkers and Badasses. I won't spoil it for you but I about pee'd my pants when I saw who was playing the Queen. *giggle* If you haven't played Borderlands 2 yet....why not? It's a solid game, solid series and the DLC packs are all worth owning. Gearbox probably does their best work on the Borderlands games. I need to go back through and grab achievements I don't have yet but I don't mind. Playing through the game never gets old.

Borderlands 2 is the perfect mix of the serious and ridiculous. Tiny Tina's DLC does not change that formula. There is a moment when you can almost feel your heart going out to Tina and then a switch flips and it goes back the raucous, silliness fans love.

The summer is here! Why not spend a little time treating yourself to games inside the house and beat the heat?

On a side note: I have been thinking about recording some of my game time. Is that something you all would like to see? Me die...a lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment