Thursday, November 5, 2015

Sorry...

So I've been having strange health issues and symptoms the past several months and and still trying to figure out exactly what is wrong with me. However, I need to do something with myself so I need to kick my own ass into gear and start writing again. Don't worry, I am not dying (at least not so far) but the issues have really slowed me down. Anyway, on to better things.

While I (im)patiently wait for Fallout 4 to launch next week, I've decided to tackle some of my gaming backlog. My 360 has been getting a workout. I've managed to finish a few games on a more than one console.

EtherOne: This game is amazing. I purchased it on the PS4 because getting my hands on my laptop has been a real chore lately. One of my sons is always on it. This game is an exploration game with a few puzzles thrown in but the story is engrossing. The whole premise deals with dementia (lewy body, if I recall correctly) and the quest to repair the mind of someone suffering.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: Another amazing exploration game. The art and graphics will take your breath away. Basically, you wake up in a town in England, alone. You must explore the area to try to piece together what happened to everyone plus you'll get a glimpse into the different relationships between people as you explore.



Borderlands Pre-Sequel: Finally finished this one. While it was fun to play, it wasn't my favorite in the series. The environment felt really small and the gameplay just felt, well dull in comparison with the other two titles.

Dead Island Riptide: I have had this one since launch and had started a game with a character imported from Dead Island. I truly had a Gandalf moment when I loaded the save. It took me a few minutes to piece together what I had been doing. I had a good time playing it and you can tell it's a definite launching off point for Techland's other title, Dying Light (another awesome game with zombies and parkour). I have seen the teaser videos for Dead Island 2 and had been wondering how California came into the story but after seeing the end of Riptide, I think I know.

Valiant Hearts: This game is a wonderful blend of historical facts with sidescrolling adventure. It's not a long game but you'll learn a lot about World War 2 playing it, more little known facts than the major stuff everyone already knows.

Tomb Raider: Okay, I had a blast with this. It's nice to see Lara Croft's origin story and see her less than invincible. As much as I love the old platformer/puzzler Tomb Raiders, having a full story campaign was so fantastic, I am looking forward to the next one. That being said, it'll have to wait since it launches the same day as Fallout 4 and I just don't have the time, or money, for 2 games at the same time.

Currently I am playing Until Dawn (OMGOMGOMG so suspenseful). This is a "must buy" for PS4 owners that love thriller/horror games. Plus, I have finally decided to finish playing the Assassin's Creed games. I have them all up to Unity. I have only played halfway through the first one. Loving the history so far but hating the repetition.

That's it for now. I am going to try to be good and post something daily, even if it's just a bullshit thing. I need to get back into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment