Saturday, January 22, 2011

Assassin's Creed Switchball Impossible Game

I put off playing this for ages since I had heard many people talk about how repetitive it was and how boring. Well after much begging, my husband got me to start playing it last night. He loved it and I can see why.

It is a "soothing" game to play. Honestly. The environments are stunning and rich. I love being able to climb up high and get a 360' view of everything. Amazing. The controls are pretty easy to pick up and thankfully, the climbing is easy. Combat can take some getting used to and Templar Knights are a pain in the butt to kill.

I can see why people would call it repetitive because it is in a sense. You basically go to the cities you are told and there are the same basic missions, interrogation, rescue innocents, eavesdrop, pickpocket and see the guy at the Assassin's Guild. Then there is an assassination quest. There are bits and pieces to the story that come out doing them so if you pay attention, it's less repetitive.

My biggest beef are the (*&*&%^ flags. The developers obviously thought finding hidden flags would be a good way to change it up and then hand out achievements but 100 of each type?! Seriously! It's boring. I will continue with the game though because I like it and apparently someone is bring me Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood.

Now here's an Xbox Live Arcade oldie: Switchball. This is a fabulous game for people that like puzzles. Graphics are amazing and the music is catchy. The puzzles can be very challenging as you move through the worlds but not impossible. My 4 year old is in love with this game but he's a pretty smart kid. He's beating me in the game. Basically, you are a ball. You have to go from one side of the level to the other using "costume" changes and items in the area. You might become heavy, or bounce, fly or super light. You have ramps, boxes, cannons and all sorts of little things to help you or hinder your progress.

Another Xbox Live game is in the Independent section. It's called The Impossible Game and it's frustrating as all hell. It's simple. You are a cube. You bounce through the level, landing on things or sliding under, while it scrolls by and you try to make it to the end. The music is infectious but there will be screaming when you get halfway in and you die. It's only 80 Microsoft points and there is a new addition to it that is also 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment